Saturday, February 19, 2011

Lady Gaga

So this whole week Ive been Gaga Crazy!
I mean seriously, when am I not? Not really sure when this Lady Gaga obsession began... but man do I love that woman.
After I joined the Army in June of 2007, I got stationed in Korea for a year..[not complaining, I met my wonderful husband there...] and I like to think of it as time stopping for that whole year... I seriously DID NOT know what was going in the US that whole year. Didnt know what movies came out, music or anything like that.. The music I went to Korea with was what I listened that entire year, well maybe some country music my husband introduced me to also.. :]
Anyways.. I got back to the states in December of 2008 and  I guess Lady Gaga was already kind of a big deal I just didn't know it yet. The first time I heard a Lady Gaga song was Poker Face. I remember it because my husband Brandon was stationed at Ft. Lewis, WA and was visiting for the weekend. We were driving to dinner or something and I heard the song and I was nodding along. Brandon quickly said I HATE THIS SONG! He tried to change the station but I was like NO! Yeah I was pregnant at the time so I called the shots. Then he said, I hate this song cuz my aunt Julie always listened to it when I visited her. After that I didnt look her up or anything, and I just went on with my life. I just would listen to her music here and there.When her single Bad Romance from her new album was released I watched the music video and listened to the song for the first time. I have to admit I was completely shocked! I was so bizarre and I was like WHOA! See for your self!


See what I mean!!!


Nonetheless the beat was super catchy and I immediately LOVED it!
So then I started looking up her other stuff, all her music videos and I was surprised how much I loved it. See when I was growing up I listened to mostly Hispanic music, but when I was in High school I started to listen to alot of rock, heavy metal and stuff like that. I listened to stuff like Slipknot, AFI, Korn, Ill Nino, Linkin Park. I loved this kind of music, the noise sort of liberated me, and made me loose my self in it. There was this Mexican group called Belanova that I loved to listen to when I was in HS. They had this electro pop thing going on though, but I loved the main singer Denise's style.
I think thats the main reason I loved Lady Gaga. It reminded me of their style of music. Electro pop music was dead in the US and Lady Gaga birthed a new era or music. I still Love Belanova and their new album is awesome. But I dont think Denise has even an inch of talent that Lady Gaga has.

So Last year, around April I found out that Lady Gaga was coming to Houston to do a concert. I was ecstatic! The tickets went on sale that week and of course I bought 3. Yeah it cost me $600, but I sold the other 2 and brought my best friend Beatrice and her sister-in-law. I had to wait almost 4 months for the concert. It was terrible! I couldnt wait for the concert. Lady Gaga was growing as an artist and more and more I loved her. Finally the day came.... July 26 2010. The Concert was phenomenal! When it was done I was soo sad. We had front row seats and she is an amazing singer.

Waiting for the concert.
ABOVE: singing Just Dance BELOW: singing Love Game

I loved every second of that concert. It was so liberating. She said such inspirational words. I swear I laughed, I cried, I danced and I jumped around like I didnt care who was looking. It was a blast. Plus I had some drinks so I was buzzed and had a great time! Not only was she an amazing singer, shes a great performer. I was astonished at how creative she is! Her outfits, her show just everything!
So then in Sept. I hear she was coming to do one last show of the Monster Ball tour in TX. She was going to do the concert in April. Well of course, I bought tickets. Yes, I spend another $600 bucks, and YES, Brandon was pissed. The concert is in 2 months! and the wait has been sucky! She just released her new single Born this was last Friday and its already number one in more than 10 countries! The song is about being who you are and loving yourself because you were born this way.

Here's some of the Lyrics:
I'm beautiful in my way
'Cause God makes no mistakes
I'm on the right track baby
I was born this way
Don't hide yourself in regret
Just love yourself and you're set
I'm on the right track baby
I was born this way

At first, I wasnt sure about this one. It felt almost as if it was aim directly at the LGBT community and I was like what about all your straight fans??? Then I listened carefully to the lyrics and heres more:

No matter gay, straight, or bi,
Lesbian, transgendered life
I'm on the right track baby
I was born to survive
No matter black, white or beige
Chola or orient made
I'm on the right track baby
I was born to be brave

Obviously I love the song! Her performance at the Grammy's last Sunday was AMAZING!



Most likely, I will continue to support her, because she honestly does care about her fans!
Lady Gaga, Im your biggest fan I'll follow you until you love me!



No comments:

Post a Comment